Friday, January 16, 2009

MiG Ayesa: More Than Words

The list of artists I want to see perform at least once is a long one, but the list of artists I want to see perform every chance I get is short. It's no surprise the name that tops the list of those I want to see often is MiG Ayesa. So what is it about MiG Ayesa's performances that keep him at such lofty heights on the list? And what is it about MiG Ayesa's personality that makes his gigs something you never want to miss?

One of the best ways to explain may be to give an example. A few days ago, MiG did a short set in Bergenfield, New Jersey with Hotdog Band. A number of people from Team MiG went to the gig...some even traveling from other states. They had a fabulous time - because of MiG's performance and personality. MiG sang mostly his original songs, including She Loved, One Sunset at a Time, Blown Away and I Need You Here, which thrilled the Team MiG crew. MiG's originals have a combination of meaningful lyrics and creative melodies, and he delivered every song with such emotion and feeling. MiG also delighted the crowd when he teamed up with Kim Bargamento to sing More Than Words. You can see a video of their duet on Team MiG Global's YouTube Channel.

Sound Check with MiG Ayesa (photo by Donna)


MiG at the Mic (photo by Wanda)


The music stopped the Team MiG crew in their tracks, but they were completely floored by how kind and down-to-earth MiG was. MiG's nature is truly his greatest strength. It's ironic that the more gentle he is, the more power he has to make a difference in others' lives. MiG has always taken time to talk with people, sign autographs and pose with them for pictures. In fact, he sometimes checks the picture to make sure it turned out and will be a nice memento! The Team MiG contingent chatted and joked with MiG, and took photos throughout the evening.

MiG Ayesa Singing His Heart Out (photo by Donna)



MiG Ayesa Lighting Up the Room
(photo by Wanda)


By the time the evening ended, they were already talking about the next performance. They looked forward to another gig, and to spending time with someone they genuinely care about. And you can bet MiG will be the same next time. It's rare to have a connection between an artist and his fans that's so special and lasting. Maybe it's because fans have a deep admiration, respect and love for someone who sincerely returns those sentiments. It has to be more than words.

Keep the light shining and pass it on,

Team MiG

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right that our admiration of MiG is about more than words. MiG's heart (not the physical organ) has a lot to do with our pleasure in getting to spend time with him. He has a very gentle heart and seems to genuinely care about the fans he gets to spend time with. He is a very people-oriented person who seems to love the contract with his fans and always makes time for them. He is very humble about his talent and is quick to give kudos to those peers he performs with.
And his "heart" inspires me to do things I wouldn't otherwise have the courage to take on. There are times when I'm questioning what I'm going to do in a situation and think about how I think MiG would handle the situation. It's been very good for me to do that. So, thank you, MiG, for being an inspiration to me. I've grown so much in the last three years and have you to thank for a lot of it.

Thanks again for the blog and saying things I wish I could think of about someone I admire greatly. More than words is an appropo title for the blog.

Unknown said...

Kay, you have an amazing skill with words and I agree with everything you say-I would just never have been able to say it so eloquently. I loved today's blog.